Mary Immaculate Hospital

Address:
165018 Township Rd 534 Mundare, Alberta Canada T0B 3H0
Fax Number:
(780) 764-3039
Phone Number:
(780) 764-3730
Phone Number:
(780) 764-2200 xOutpatient Department
Phone Number:
(780) 764-4042 xAdministrator's Office
Website:
Clinic Hours
Clinic is closed till a new doctor is appointed

Lab Services: are Wednesdays 8:00 a.m. - noon

The Board and staff of Mary Immaculate Hospital in Mundare recently celebrated the successes of the Hospital and Catholic Health Care in Alberta - more than 150 years of Catholic health facilities in the province. In 1863, the Grey Nuns established the first hospital in the Northwest Territory, in St. Albert. Then, over the years, several other religious orders of sisters established hospitals in the area encompassed by Alberta. The pasty year has seen celebrations in the Catholic facilities to recognize the role the sisters played in health care.

Mundare was also an important part of this growth. In 1929, the Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate built the Mundare General Hospital to serve the medical needs of people in the area. The building served the community, first as Mundare General and then as Mary Immaculate General Hospital to serve the medical needs of the people in the area. The building served the community, first as Mundare General and then as Mary Immaculate Hospital in Mundare (1962), till 1978 when a new 30-bed complex with both active and extended care facilities was constructed. Today the facility, no long with active beds, offers 30 continuing care beds and a doctors’ clinic.

Mary Immaculate Hospital is an integral part of the Mundare community, offering a safe haven for citizens in need of compassionate care and service at this point of their life. Please join us in celebrating the successes of Mary Immaculate Hospital.
Last modified on December 14, 2017  by Town of Mundare

Category: Health & Medicine Hospital