The hard work of Mundare’s volunteers led to the 2003 win in the National Communities in Bloom competition. During the Christmas season bus loads of visitors come to view the holiday and religious displays. Communities in Bloom and the Mundare Library sponsor the annual Christmas Parade and Christmas Craft Sale on the second Saturday in December. Mundare is also known for its famous Ukrainian sausage. Situated on Main Street is Stawnichy's Meat Processors, a family business that has prospered on processing fine foods.
Communities in Bloom volunteers have undertaken a number of projects over the years:
There is a lot of work to do and extra hands are always welcome. Dates are not set as we have to work with the weather. Watch for signs and come out and give us a hand if you can. If you would like to be involved please leave your name and phone number at the Town Office (780) 764-3929 or call Debby at (780) 764-3062.
- Redoing the cenotaph. Once the perennials are up, we will be moving them to another location until the beds have been reworked and the grounds are finished.
- Changing up the walkway flower/shrub beds at Quentin Warawa Memorial Park.
- Changing the beds under the murals on mainstreet.
- Planting the garden on mainstreet.
- Pruning the fruit trees/bushes on the Community Orchard.
- Planting additional trees along railway avenue.
Web Site: www.communitiesinbloom.ca
We are always looking for enthusiastic and dedicated gardeners for the upcoming gardening season at the community garden on main street in Mundare. Grow veggies for you and your family. No experience necessary!